Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another thought on aging

I have heard of elderly people having this problem, then Kathy had them but that was just a fluke. SO... what's up with ME getting the SHINGLES??? I'm not ELDERLY !!!, am I ????? O.k. getting shingles is bad bad bad so what have I done in my life to deserve getting them on my FACE????? WHO ever gets them on the FACE??? PAIN..... oh my gawd@@@!!@$ I have never hurt so much in my life and for days and days, doctors and nurses, strange people of all descriptions were in my face looking, poking... hmmm'ing, Just give me some more pain meds and you can look all you want. The highlight of the whole hospital thing was the doctor taking photos as I "progressed". I'll probably end up in some medical journal only no one will know its me, not that I really want anyone to know its me but geez... shouldnt' there be some pay back for all this pain?????
Just remember if you are ever given the choice of having your lower lip pulled up and over your head OR....a case of shingles... choose the lipt thing!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH...momma...I love you so much and NOT only do you not derserve this...NO ONE DOES, especially on YOUR FACE...
I love you so much and wish I could take the pain away from you right this minute...
If I could change things I would pull your lip over your head for you instead of the shingles...heehee.
You are still a rockin' mom and I love you...daina

Christopher said...

I had shingles the week after we graduated from high school. And it too was on my face and the top of my head. And it too hurt like all hades! Lana contracted chicken pox shortly thereafter, which is a form of the same underlying herpes (non STD) condition. It felt like someone was holding a burning ember on my face and my head for like two weeks. Plus you aren't suppose to get the open sores wet so you have to sit around dirty for a while which simply adds to the discomfort. I feel for you and I know what you are going through. I'll be praying for you.

Martha said...

Its been a couple of years past the shingles infection and as an update....don't mess with them. Pay the price for the shot. Don't take the chance of ever having them. I have damaged nerves down my right eye in by the nose, down and across the cheek, down to mouth, inside of mouth and on up in right side hair line. The area around the mouth has scar lines, all around the inside of mouth and another scar line running to the back of my mouth. The feeling in all those areas is "off". Its kinda numb but yet at the same time its very sensitive. Just get the shot!